Maybe I need to change the name of this weblog to "Fast and Furious Gourmet." Here's another quick lunch option I threw together with leftovers. It's like a cooked sushi noodle bowl.
- 1 can of salmon, drained and bones/skin removed
- 1 bundle of buckwheat soba or somen noodles--Kanesu Maiko Japanese All Natural Buckwheat with Yam Soba Oriental Noodle - 10.5 Oz -- Buy 10 Get a Free Bag of Sushi Mix!
- 1 cucumber, julienned or thinly sliced into strips
- 1/2 tsp S&B Prepared Wasabi in Tube, 1.52 oz (43 g) tubes (Pack of 10)
- 3 T. soy sauce
- 3 T. water
- 1/2 T. sugar
- A couple shakes of JFC - Nori Fumi Furikake (Rice Seasoning) 1.7 Oz. (optional)
- A bit of Welpac Sushi Ginger (optional)
Cook the noodles according to the packaging, drain, and run under cold water to cool. Lightly toss with sesame oil if you need it to sit a bit. When ready to serve divide among bowls. Make sauce: Combine sugar, water, wasabi, and soy sauce; mix well. Divvy up the salmon to your liking, add the cucumber strips, and pour a bit of sauce in each bowl. Garnish with ginger if you want to. Sprinkle (in my case, generously) with the furimake. Instant sushi bar...at home.