Everything beautiful about Easter, everything alive and fresh...everything joyous and cheery about the celebration on Sunday...is on account of the pain, the suffering, and the price paid on Friday.
In anticipation for what Sunday brings for family and festivities, let us not fill today with mere cooking and cleaning preparations. May we be mindful of what the great mercy and sovereignty of God accomplished on the cross, that we may call this day--indeed--Good Friday.
A Spring Salad for Easter Sunday
- -organic spring mix
- -organic baby spinach
- -fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- -trimmed fresh asparagus, steamed until tender but crisp (about 8-10 minutes), then sliced diagonally
- -red onions, thinly sliced
- -cucumbers, thinly sliced
- -crumbled feta cheese
- -sliced almonds
- -Raspberry Vinaigrette, Balsamic Vinegar + Oil, or my fave: Ken's Lite Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette
Everything beautiful, everything fresh, everything cheery...because we've been given the gift through which all things can be enjoyed!