I have discovered my all-time favorite way to eat sugar snap peas. Roasting! Snap peas now join my ever-growing list of unexpectedly wonderful vegetables to roast. Cauliflower, broccoli, and brussels sprouts are some of my other recent favorites. Snap peas are no different:
- Gently toss in olive oil.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and cracked pepper.
- Add minced garlic or garlic powder.
- Place in single layer on a cookie sheet lined with foil.
- Roast at 450F for 10-15 minutes, or until crisp but lightly browned.
I love them hot or cold alike. I'll eat them like candy...green, crispy, guilt-free, veggie candy. Perhaps that's why they are called sugar snap peas. My mouth is watering just thinking about them! Try them and let me know what you think!