It's pretty much impossible to go wrong with tart apple and creamy caramel. Throw in some cream cheese and the turning of leaves, and you've got Fall bliss.
- Double batch of my caramel sauce
- 1 lb. Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 extra serving graham pie crust (or 1 regular graham cracker pie crust plus six mini graham cracker crusts for extra filling)
- 1 granny smith apple: peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon pecans for garnish
Heat oven to 325°F. Make caramel sauce. Set aside to cool.
Toss chopped apple with flour and cinnamon. Set aside.
Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with mixer until well blended. Add eggs; beat just until blended. Fold in apple mixture.
Pour a thin layer of caramel at the bottom of each crust. Pour cream cheese mixture on top of the caramel and fill crust, leaving 1/4 inch crust unfilled at top.
Bake 40 minutes or 25 minutes for mini cheesecakes. Cool.
Pour cooled remaining caramel sauce over cooled cheesecakes. Garnish with pecans if desired. Refrigerate 3 hours.