Vest from The Gap, mine were found on clearance, but similar one here. Gap twill mini, on clearance here. Old tank top from The Gap Sequin Toms, via Zulily, but similar glitter ones here Clearance Fossil handbag from Dillard's, out of stock
Not all fashion trends are worth the effort, especially if you're old enough for it to be your second time around (think neon colors, acid washed jeans, and pleated silky shorts.) But, the denim vest is an exception. It's such a versatile piece, I dare say anyone could make it work.
Here are some reasons I love the denim vest:
- it's a perfect layering piece for transitioning into Fall
- provides a great barrier for modesty when a tank top is a little too tight, or when you're in a season of breastfeeding (and possible leakage).
- provides a structured look when wearing unstructured pieces/outfits
- disguises and hides lumps and rolls in the mid-section
- spiffs up a casual outfit
- makes a fussier outfit laid back
Some things to keep in mind when wearing a denim vest:
Vest from The Gap, mine were found on clearance, but similar one here. Cotton top from LOFT, last season Cropped jeans from Gap, last season Straw safari hat from Overland, here. Boat shoes by Tsubo, from TJ Maxx Lucky Brand jewelry, from TJ Maxx Kooba handbag from TJ Maxx
Hope you give this old staple a try! I'm not much of a model, but I truly believe that we can make the most of what God's given us in body shape, resources and aesthetic appreciation at any age and in any season. When we look to showcase Christ from the inside out, fashion becomes an enjoyable get-to, and not an obligatory have-to.
Blessings to you and hope you are having a great week!