Anyone can do this. My usual disclaimer: since I don't measure unless I'm baking, this recipe is up for tweaking and a little intuition. I have full confidence that it is nearly impossible to mess up slow cooked meat and BBQ sauce.
- 2 2 lb. pork sirloin tip roasts
- garlic powder
For BBQ Sauce:
- 1 15 oz. can of tomato sauce, save empty can for measuring
- about 1/3 empty can, cider vinegar, more or less depending on tangy preference
- about 1/4 empty can, honey
- about 1 cup brown sugar, less if you are not into sweet BBQ
- about 1 tablespoon, liquid smoke
- lots of cracked pepper salt
- cheddar cheese
- red onion kaiser rolls, hamburger buns, or slices of bread
Place both pork roasts in slow cooker and sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Turn to low, and cook for 8 hours. Shred pork with two forks inside slow cooker. Do not drain liquid.
In a saucepan over medium heat, combine tomato sauce, and all other ingredients, and simmer for 10 minutes. Pour sauce directly into slow cooker. Combine. (*Double the BBQ sauce recipe if you plan to serve with sauce on the side....or you can always serve with the store-bought stuff.)
Serve on rolls or bread, with sliced cheddar and thinly slice red onion. Heavenly.