Recently, there was an occasion where I was to host several moms from school for a get together in my home without time prior to prepare much by way of refreshments. Since nachos, and not dessert, were what I had on hand, coffee and tea felt a bit out of place. I quickly surveyed what I had on hand, and came up with this simple sparkling lemonade station. I love make-it-yourself refreshments when hosting, because it is a great way to break the ice, let people talk and mingle, and keep preparations to a minimum. Needless to say, I'm now such a big fan of my own little creation here, that I'll be keeping these ingredients on hand...for the next time a few guests stop by. (If you follow me on Facebook, you may have seen that I'm off to a great start with an ebook I'm writing about real hospitality and blessing others through your imperfect home. Pray for me--I really hope to have it written before this new baby comes!)
Sparkling Lemonade Station
- Bottles of Pellegrino sparkling mineral water, 1 bottle for every two people served (I buy them at Costco!)
- 1-2 cups simple syrup (1 cup sugar + 1 cup boiling water) dissolved, and cooled
- Stevia or other sweetners for guests
- Halved lemons, a half per glass of lemonade
- Simple hand juicer and mini sieve if you have one
- Set everything out, along with glasses with ice and straws (useful for stirring, and pretty too!) Instruct guests to juice a half of a lemon and pour juice into a glass. Add sweetner of their choice, and top off with mineral water. Stir, and adjust to taste! Voila!
Have a refreshing weekend, friends!
I'm so blessed that you're here! I invite you to subscribe to GraceLaced!